.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

I So Clever.

Look what I did!



Isn't it purty? This is what I've been doing the past few days.

This bureau was DHM's Grandfather's. After handling the piece for the past few days, I have a feeling this was hand made (not by a mastercraftsman). A school project perhaps? beginner carpenter? Best I can age it, without phoning the MIL is 1920's-40's about.

I started the job on Friday, stripped off all the ghastly green paint (why is furniture needing to be stripped always green?), and sanded the wood down to a lovely smooth surface. I didn't remove all the dings , but that's part of its aged charm. Then, because I couldn't sleep last night, I got both coats of staining done. All I had to do today was oil, and oil and oil. On Monday I have to run out and get a buffer, but it be done.

And another project is crossed off the list.

X

Comments:
Nice work X. Looks great.
 
Ooo! Colour me green!

It's absolutely gorgeous, X... nicely done! :)
 
LOL, that's two things, actually! The picture and the dresser! It's gorgeous, babe!

Smooches,
Dee
 
gorgeous! Way to go!
 
oooh - Don't know how I missed this one, X - it's quite lovely!!!!!

Happy Mother's Day, by the way. *mmwwwah*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?