.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

How Many Times Can you Watch A Movie Before it Gets Old?

I'm an unashamed movie fiend.

Love them, love them, love them. And I don't require much of them, only that they entertain me for a couple of hours. I've even started a DVD collection, gathering together my favourite movies so I can take them out and watch them whenever I want. (You'll hear my scream if they defunct DVDs any time soon). It's this collection that has brought me to the realisation that there are some madcaps out there that don't share my enthusiasm.

Dearest Husband of Mine, is one of them. He doesn't see the point in revisiting a cinematic experience, (I know, it boggles my mind too.) The good news is he can never remember what he's watched, and he is incapable of remembering a title, so more often than not I get to watch my favourites, and he doesn't even realise until about 45 minutes into the movie that he's seen it before.

But there are some movies I can't stop myself from watching. Some I don't even really like, and yet every time they're on I find myself tuning to that channel. So here is a list, with no particular preference, of movies I've watched over and over and over.

The Net

Practical Magic

Speed (k guess I had a Sandra Bullock thing going)

Starship Troopers (I honestly don't know why this movie holds such fascination for me)
Pulp Fiction

The Ref

The Craft

Hackers

Sleepers

The Andromeda Strain

The Last Starfighter

Jurassic Park

Absolutely ANY gladiator movie that used stop fram animation ("Release the Kracken!" Best line. Evar.) Plus they have those perfectly dreadful voice overs. Pure gold.

Long Kiss Goodnight.

Army of Darkness ("Give me some sugar, baby.")

The Day After Tomorrow

Toy Soldiers

The Breakfast Club

Beverly Hills Cop

Okay, now I'm making myself ill. LOL. If only half of these shows played during a single weekend I'd have an anxiety attack trying to decide which ones to watch. After looking at the list, I can only see three movies which would make my top 10 favourite list.

And no I'm not going to tell you.

A girl has to have some mystery after all.

X

Comments:
There are a few I could watch over and over but I never seem to remember to get them out when there is nothing but crap on TV. LOL

Back to your previous post I really liked Dogma too. Must try and get a copy of it.

Actually I must try and send you a copy of The Castle. Great Australian Humour that one.
 
You and I share an uncanny appreciation for the same movies - ack. Are you me? If so, you can do the chat in my place this afternoon - ROFL.

Have a good one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?