.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 04, 2006

 

The Great Flood of 2006.

I've sprung a leak. Well, several really.

You may recall that last year we did some renovations to our house. An addition, the roof, and the siding. There were some teensy jobs we knew we still had to do, but gosh, the lions share was done, and summer came, and long story short they never did get done.

That decision has come back to bite me in the ass. The deck, which was supposed to be resealed after the siding was put in place, was merely patched. (Mostly my fault, I'd been under construction for so long, and it was summer time, and I wanted to have one place that wasn't a work zone. I wanted to put my flowers out and enjoy the sun.) We did a quick bandaid job, and thought we'd got the areas that needed work (and only those areas). Not so. Well I'm paying for my indulgence now.

There's pooling water due to rapidly melting snow covering the deck. Being water, it's trying to find the lowest point possible. I've got water everywhere... okay buckets, but if it weren't for buckets I'd have water everywhere. There are three rooms downstairs that are affected, and are directly related to the deck. All I can do for now, is keep emptying the pans, and shovel as much snow as I can.

Sigh, sometimes life isn't a bowl of cherries.

On the plus side though, the sun is shining so brightly and the temperature is rising. If it keeps up like this all the snow should be melted by the end of the weekend. And with the sun coming back, so has my energy levels. I'm a freakin' whirling dervish around the house this week. Projects that have been sitting and waiting for months to get done, have been accomplished in days. So far there's no end in sight to my burst of activity.

Ciao Bellas

X

Comments:
You are a posting fool! I've never seen you this active on your blog. It's so much fun! :)

Sorry about the leaks, but yay to the sun!

Tom and I are finally getting around to doing landscaping on the front lawn. We tore out the grass before Eve was born...it's been plain ol' dirt ever since. I think our neighbors hate us. :)
 
OMG, Christine!!! As Jenne sort of said, at least the sun is out!

Good to 'see' you out and about.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?