.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 

The Long and Winding Road

Wow, it's been a week already.

I've been wandering around the house rather at loose ends wondering what to do with myself, and always with the vague feeling that I'm not doing something I SHOULD! and I just realised today that I don't have any guests at the moment, nor any expected. My time has been my own and I had no idea what to do with it. Seriously, I've been reduced to doing housework (Horrors!)

That said, it has taken the Spawn and I a while to get back to pre-vacation hours, so my day's have been going to hell from the time I wake up; lessons spill over into the afternoon, and then I'm pretty much going flat out until supper time. Then there's friends popping over randomly (cause they missed me... aw shucks), not every night, but often enough that solid me time has been unattainable... and, well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Then there's DHM, who seems to be under the impression I'm superwoman (or simply that I'm not busy enough), and every lunch hour comes home and heaps a few more things on my list of things to do. Now I rarely criticise him, he's a keeper for sure. But today he would have looked lovely wearing my cast iron pan as a head adornment. Suggestions for today included, (and please keep in mind we had yet to finish lessons), that I print out and take care of the insurance forms and send them out to our agent, get the deck shoveled of snow, (so he could take care of the leaky roof, before it begins to leak in earnest), pop on down to the office and help the payroll clerk with the new payroll software, oh yeah, and if I could, get the rest of the screws and nails out of the exposed beams/studs in the spare bedroom so we can put up the new walls. Some how I was to manage all this between 1-5, have the house tidy, and supper ready by 6 (these last two are not his dictates but my own)... now I'm good, at times, dare I say, exceptional. But even I can't manage all that in 4 hours. Sigh, I managed one of his little tasks, and all of mine.

Some good news on the writing front however, I have been writing. I wrote while I was on vacation, and even since I got back. I'm using a note book for most of this story. Because the beginning is hugely narrative/descriptive world building, the scenes don't flow as I'm used to and I pause often to mull things over. I find the notebook allows my eyes the freedom to ignore crap that's staring right at me, unlike the computer screen (if you could see my appalling hand writing you'd understand, I could have been a doctor with my scrawl (Sorry, Doug.)). The challenge now is to transcribe everything while it's still fresh; before I forget what I was trying to convey, and I can no longer decipher my squiggly scratchings.

And i think I've run out of things to say, and the DHM is wanting sex.

Cinderella, Cinderella...

X

Comments:
ROFL @ "...and the DHM is wanting sex..." Pesky DHM! I'd say I hope you gave him a piece of your mind, lol, but...well, the jokes are innumerable.

I wondered what you've been up to. You haven't missed out on my end. I've been mopey and whining. You're better off with the sex. :)

Smooches,
Dee
 
You can always fly down and unpack my old house and get things organized here when you 'run out of things to do', X.

Seriously, am DEEEEELIGHTED you are back to writing...in between bookkeeping, nookie breaks, being Mom and entertaining guests.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?