.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 27, 2006

 

A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall

Since we last met, gentle reader, I've once more entered the mysterious realm of the home gardening enthusiast. Again I'm filled with hope that THIS year I'll have a bumper crop of seedlings. Of my previous efforts (and I've done this off and on for about ten years now) I've had success once. Once in ten years. How pathetic is that? All I can say is I'm really glad there's not an activist group like, PETA, for plants, cause I'd be on their hit list.

Other things that have captured my attention this week.

Dan brown is being sued for plagurism of an historical tome... apparently some historians did some research and wrote a book on their findings. This isn't really news to anyone in literary circles, but it's interesting nonetheless. Dan Brown, that bastard, was so struck by this research that he wrote a 'fictional' story and made pots of money on it, much more than those fusty old historians. Bitterness ensues, and I'm agog to learn the outcome of this case.

Canadian olympiads were being chastised for reaming the competition. This could only happen in Canada, where a team (women's hockey) were being criticised for totally anihilating the opposition. With the national attitude being 'go for the bronze', and to apologise for being better than someone at something, you can kinda, sorta, see where this is coming from, but still, it boggles the mind.

Oh crap, there were about five things I wanted to discuss when I started writing this blog, now I can't remember the half of them.

Oh yeah, apparently we're all just seconds away from death when we fly, due to near misses (emphasis on near) above our busiest airports. It's stories like this that make me absolutely crazy, and why, when I watch the news, I end up arguing at an inanimate object. The TV. Whatever happened to the notion that the news would be full of, oh, what's the word I'm looking for... facts. Silly me, these days, the news is filled with hypotheticals. It could happen here! What if it did happen here?! Spare me!!!! (extra points for, Doug). No really, I shouldn't watch the news. It does nothing but raise my blood pressure and make me want to hurl something large at the TV. I loathe mainstream newscasts that treat everything like a very bad version TLC's 'World's Greatest (insert parameter here) Disasters'.

And last but not least, I almost, very nearly, opened my WIP document this weekend. I haven't written nought but a line (which literally had me leaping out of bed to find my notebook so I could jot it down), since November. I'm not sure what the block is there. I have the beast almost entirely plotted out, yet for some reason I can't bring myself to face it. I think I'm daunted by the scope and perhaps intimidated by the amount of work involved to bring this story to life. Mayhap I'll have to stick to the note book for a little while longer.

Well that's it for me for a while. How was your week?

X

Comments:
A hard rain is actually falling here in So Cal, so I thought this was kind of ironic.

I'm pretty sure I've killed the plant I've kept alive for two years. I'm going to repot it, just to make sure.

I did open my WIP and finally, please God, made Chapter One interesting and sensical. Now for the rest. (whimper)

Our news items are less about who might die and more about who has or who's about to. That might be a California thing but most of our news is about murders and why the killers haven't been executed yet. (Rolling Blackouts is probably a concern)

And I appear to have the oddest cold on earth. I'm sneezing all day, but not sniffly. I'm not sure where this plays into the odd stomach bug that's attacked, but I'm sure it does.

Oh, and I'm behind. On everything. LOL! Week complete!

Smooches,
Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?