.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 06, 2006

 

At the Hop

No idea why this title, just felt kind of peppy.
Been blog whoring a lot the last several days. Bopping around some truly awesome current affairs blogs and reading many articulate arguments on a number of subjects. Which I will not bore you with here. Suffice to say it satisfied my eternal need for informed discourse.

On the weekend I broke my laptop. It's still laying in several pieces on my living room floor mocking my ineptitude (it may be fixable, but not by me). And so I'm borrowing himself's puter for a little bit. We do have another, table-top computer, but man it's awkward to sit at (at least it seems that way now). Plus we use the TV as the monitor, so access to that puter is always at the whim of the viewing masses.

What else has been happening around here? I'm refurbishing a small chest of drawers. From everything I've gathered online I can't rush to make it pretty, I have to get all the paint off (which is a pain in the ass) and do all the repairs before doing any staining etc. This unit isn't exactly dazzling in it's beauty, it is very old, and very plain, but I think once it's gussied up it will look very stylish where ever I put it. Right now it's in the upstairs storing candles and notepads and... crap. LOL (the drawers are fairly small, not even high enough to store DVDs in (which would have been wonderful but alas...)).

I've also finally made a move to get some work done on our walk in closet, well I've remeasured the area, and made some preliminary drawings of where I want the hangers to be. Hopefully, on the weekend, dearest husband of mine will cut the melamine and we can hang up our clothes, yay!

Spawn is coping somewhat with being a mean-ager. Mum not so much. Why can't we put these kids on Prozac, why WHY? Seriously, I'm getting tired of going from angelic helper to watching his head spin around his neck. Of course the worst is never knowing which one you'll meet when you ask him anything, Angel or demon? And this has just begun whimper-whine-I-wanna-curl-up-until-he-goes-to-college-whine-whimper.

So since I last posted I've
Inhaled way too much paint stripper
had 37 power struggles with the Spawn (btw, that's just a rough estimate, I'm sure the actual figure is much much higher)
contemplated using the table saw (thankfully some latent ,common sense gene, woke up kicking and screaming and I walked away from that one)
Settled for drafting the plans for the WIC
Gone to the hospital 3 times in abortive attempt to get a urine test done (for insurance purposes)
Played transportation monitor whilst DHM travelled the ice road and due to a miscommunication nearly sent up a red flag when I 'thought' they were an hour and a half over due (turns out my phone went dead just as DHM was relaying the pertinent info to let me know they'd hit a snag and would be very late)... 3 am I went off duty, everyone home safe and sound.

So that's the weekend round-up for me.

What did you do?

X

Comments:
Do I dare ask HOW the computer ended up in itty bitty pieces?

Prolly not.

At least I know why we weren't ranting at each other this weekend. :)

Sending hugs. ;)
Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?