.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Pretty Ghastly in Pink

I want the Pepto Bismol ad off my TV.

Not only is it annoying, but every time I see it I'm sad for all concerned. The congregation at the office water cooler doing that epileptic gyration was bad enough, but this new 'hip' hop one (hoping to appeal to a younger clientele? (Although why younger people would even need pepto bismol is beyond me... but I digress)) is just. so. bad.

I simply can't imagine the sales meeting that came up with this dreadful concept, and then it had to be approved by some executive/s at pepto-land. Unbelievable.

On the flip side. The ad where the woman mispronounces jalepeño (sp?) just cracks me up. That is so something I would do. reminds me of the first time I saw the word canapés which I promptly pronounced ca-napes (I'm certain the dash was missing, or perhaps it's never present and you just have to know by instinct the e is pronounced ay) regardless, it has given my friends minutes of entertainment rehashing that gaff. Or the first time I actually heard someone say facade, and they pronounced it fa-kay-d. To this day I'm unsure of the correct pronounciation but I'm going to stick to my way, fa-sahd.

So have any of you had fun (embarrassing) moments with words? C'mon, fess up, humiliate yourself in public.

Boy, did that post ever segue.

X

Comments:
Did you ever catch my story about the time when I was in med school and I gave that teenage girl her first pelvic ever, and I told her, "Voy a poner dos piernas en su vajina"?

If you don't speak Spanish, I'll leave you the pleasure of surfing out the translation of "dos piernas."
 
Doug, you hound. I'm trying to learn Spanish, and I have an inkling you asked her if she ever had two somethings (penii?) in her vagina.

But really, I'm only at the 'hay es does platos. una es amarilla y una es azul' stage.

X
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?