.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

It's My Party (and I'll cry if I want to.)

I have to come up with a way to manage my time better.

I love that I'm writing again, it's such a rush. And yet something else is sacrificed for those precious hours (and often everything is sacrificed).

The one thing I don't cheap out on is the morning lessons with my son. The afternoons are generally devoted to the house, and completing certain projects per day or week as I deem necessary. Then there are errands etc... which really only leaves the evening to write for a good solid block. I know, wah wah wah, cry me a river. But this is my 5 minutes of whining, and I'm going to wallow in it, thank you very much.

More and more I'm feeling as though there's no ME time. I've been missing bopping around the blogs commenting here and there. I've missed out on some great posts, some wonderful celebrations, and a whole lot of fun. IM too. I just realised that I haven't turned on yahoo messenger for a week. MSN? I get to say hi and then all is silence. I miss the silly gab sessions. The mindless laughing and talking about nothing in particular... just having fun.

Yes indeedy, gonna have to come up with a better time management plan. All work and no play makes X a testy girl.

X

Comments:
Hey X, is your son homeschooled?

So glad your enjoying the rush of writing again! Can the errands wait? Carve yourself some more time, girl.

I haven't chatted in two years, I think. Man. I'm an early to bedder now.
 
I over-fried my brain trying to do nothing but work one month this past summer. It's not fun. Try chiseling some time that is wide open, no plans, and see where it takes you. You might be surprised at what you really are pulled to do. (If it's more work and you can't fly without a net - a schedule - maybe you really enjoy the writing more than you think, and it's no longer "work". *shrug*)

Maybe you're just having a dip after so many weeks (months) of socializing and having company. Writing is a lonely enterprise. When we lift our heads after a long bout of it, it hits us that we've not done other things, seen other people, and it's unsettling. It's also normal. (grin) Your choice to write instead of to do something else will lead you closer to publication. Your writer friends realize this and empathize.

Just take care of X. Nourish what area of your life needs the most fulfillment, and the rest will work out.
 
Just to show you how tired I am, I can't think of a good pun involving "girl", "X", and "testes". Pathethic, huh?

We homeschool too. There's simply not enough secular humanist instruction in our public school system for our liking ;o)
 
I miss chatting to you X. With working fulltime now I don't have the time. And ME time, well that is just non-existent for me.

I wish I could stay up to all hours and chat and write but ain't that time of life for me just yet.
 
The homeschooling is by necessity. Our son has some serious learning gaps (and that's a whole life time of guilt for us in not doing this sooner), I've been homeschooling since February, when it became apparent to me that the school thought it was doing all that was necessary for an 11 yr old who couldn't read beyond a gr 2 level.
Since Feb I've brought him up to grade 4 material, we study history, geography, two languages, social studies, music and art (not all every day) and we're done by noon. It's a fairly tough slog, but it needs to be done, and it's having results.

X
 
I think three quarters of parenting is guilt. The rest is cooking. :) I'm totally in awe of you for being able to teach and think and take care of your house and write. I always feel like I have to only do one each day if I plan to get anything done. (There's been a load of clothes in my dryer for four days. Seriously.)

ME time. I think it's over there by that rainbow and the pot of gold. But if you ever need WE time, :), I'm there. :)

Sending a hug,
Dee
 
I know just how you feel X I miss the chats too. I do feel connected though with our open IM windows ... if you need a mindless chat just start chatting! LOL it must be mindless though ... anything that takes thought after 4 pm CST is beyond me tee he he

Feel better doll ..

Rae
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?