.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 27, 2005

 

Sweet Mother of God!


How could ten days have passed since I last blogged.

So let's recap. Dearest Husband of mine was gone for most of that. He got back Tuesday, so I only have an excuse for yesterday--mini honeymoon doncha know.
The house/barn has been occupying a lot (okay, all.) of my energies. Specifically the Spawn's room. We moved him into his new room-cum-den. Well we moved the bed in, and emptied the walk-in-closet of all the building materials. (which are now sitting in the spacious foyer/mud room). We've sanded and painted the built in shelving area. Hung curtains, and moved the rest of the furniture in. Upstairs, I've hung more paintings, put out non painting type artwork, assembled the bed in the guest bedroom, and pretty much got that ready for occupation. I've cooked mountains of soup, and spaghetti sauce for the winter (actually had to go buy some plastic containers to store it all in).

I discovered I can bake cookies.

I've been nursing some sick fish (pop eye) with little success, but they haven't gotten worse so that is somewhat encouraging. A friend gave us these fish/tank/everything, about a month and a half ago. The big black ones (fancy goldfish), immediately developed this alarming bulge around the eyes, (one looks like it's gonna blow at any second). DH sent fish medicine from Whitehorse, but like I said. no perceptible improvement as yet.

Two plants died... sigh.

Let's see, cooking, house, I've done some critting... oh yeah, community choir. Gack! Can you believe it's that time already. This year I'm going to palm the Christmas concert off on someone else. See if I can just do the singing part... all the fun, none of the responsibility.

And I rambled about my love of language over at Belfry today.

k I promise to be here more often.

X

Comments:
yeah, really. I expect better of you, Ms. X
 
and if you need any more houseplants to kill, I have a few left.
 
I've just burned a batch of cookies, but the plants are thriving. Go figure. Spent yesterday afternoon with a cabbie (3 hours - had someone hit us) who said something funny. Your fish story triggered it. He said his 4-yr-old daughter is definitely a woman of her times. She's the girly-girl most of the time, but now and then she'll shock him. She wanted to curl up in Daddy's lap last week with a cup of cocoa and watch the fishies eat one another.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?