.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

 

What's My Name?

Here's the scoop.

Many people over the years have asked me the story behind the X moniker. Today all will be revealed.

A gazillion years ago Dearest Husband of mine made some weird ass Y chromosome connection between my given name Christine and the abreviated version of Christmas being Xmas. With a self satisfied amusement at his own cleverness in brevity, he started leaving memos for me when he'd have to go flying.
Xtine, gone to Aklavik. be back around 7.
Xtine, run to the airport B back soon.

It wasn't long before Xtine got shortened simply to, X, and others of our aquaintance began to use the new version of my name. Been that way for over 20 years now. So there ya go. The origins of X.

Not much of a story admittedly. I probably could have drawn it out waaaaaaay longer. embellished it here and there but it's late and I'm tired and I've already blogged over at The Belfry Collective

X

PS: If that HTML works first time (from memory), I'll be stunned and amazed.

Comments:
Your title made me flash on American Pie. Was that intentional? Yes, I know my mind is in the gutter, but I have lots of company there ;o)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?