.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

What A Feeling


Over at Anna Lucia's blog, she wrote about a watching a co-worker from her office window as they beat the crap out of several computers. The response of her commentors is unanimously joyous at this action.

Now some might look on this in much the same way the Romans enjoyed the offerings at the colleseum, I on the other hand took a gentler, kinder view... it simply filled me with quiet contentment.

In visualising the scene I got the same feeling I get on those early spring mornings, those rare ones, where I'm up before everyone else. The sun is already bright but not yet hot, I grab a coffee and go out onto the deck. The air is cool but still, and promises a lovely day. The lake is like glass and mirrors the surrounding trees and hills. I sip my coffee and smile. For just this snapshot in time, my world is perfect.

Now go back and picture the destrction of those hard drives.. can ya feel it? Lovely int it?

X

Comments:
LOL, I had that same feeling. LOL, I think I'll get a nice cup of chai and enjoy the mental picture some more, lol. ;)

Smooches,
Dee
 
I want those mornings! ;)
 
HOWLING - reminded me of my quaker neighbor a few years back. 1 am and suddenly so much racket, lights going on around the neighborhood. the old fart who had the money but refused to spend it on upgrades was literally throwing his computer in pieces out the front door, where they sat for 2 days before his extremely embarrassed wife forced him to clean up the mess.

i love those coffee mornings. (sigh)
 
At our house we have a tall deck with blacktop underneath. We throw broken computers, dvd players and other items (like watermelons) off this deck. It is simply the best family activity we've found. Wonderful.
 
Aw, you're all a bunch of neo-Luddites. I love my computer. I'd have little digital babies with it if I could.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?