.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 05, 2005

 

Life In The Fast Lane

Sometimes it rocks being me.

Disregarding the occasional urge to run up a clock tower and pick off, one by one, the men 'working' on my house, life is good.

Despite my many foibles and 'f'obias I have friends who love me. Case in point: we arrived home last night around 9:30 pm. As soon as we walked in the house we were greeted by the envy inducing aroma of the meal enjoyed by Gadget Man (who was noticably absent). Without enthusiasm, we unloaded the car then trudged upstairs to embrace the comfort of our house. On the dining room table was a note left-- not by Gadget Man, but by another friend whom had helped our guest move whilst we were gone, it read:

Thought you might be hungry when you got in. Spaghetti Sauce on the stove, pasta just needs to be nuked. There's a salad in the fridge and fresh bread ready to make garlic toast. Enjoy.

How cool is that?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have the BEST friends.

X

Comments:
HI & thanks for the dropping by my place. I think I got to your blog via Smart Bitches. Small world indeed re the hs'ing, though - haven't met too many writers who didn't toss the offspring to the nearest institution as soon as legally allowed, to get more writing time. :-) ttfn.
 
LOL, okay, NOW I want spaghetti. You're evil and I've SO missed you.

Now stop leaving! LOL!

Smooches,
Dee
 
tonight I made:

tri-tip roast with potatoes and onions
homemade buttermilk biscuits (Cook's Illustrated recipe)

Thanks for stopping by my place, X.

Best,

Doug
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?