.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, August 19, 2005

 

Time After Time

I mentioned that gadget man was staying with us. Gadget man has the maturity level of a 12 yr old (although I think I'm insulting quite a few 12 yr olds there), sadly, gadget man has infected my husband with that same bachelor-like posessive compulsion for the gadgetry. (remember ladies, when we first dated men with their own places? It was either their car or their stereo system. And for some unfortunate few the object of their budding desire owned both.)

Scene: Our living room, 7pm this evening.

Dear Husband: Let's watch a movie.
Moi: Okay, I'll go find one. (off I trot on my mission)
Gadget man: I've got one we can watch.
Me, knowing the regretable taste of gadget man, hunts faster downstairs for the damn movie.
Dear Husband: X, It's okay we've got it.
I come back upstairs and there the two of them are, in front of the flat screen TV whilst DH introduces GM to aaaaaaaall the shiny features... and then they move over to the speaker system to tweak and adjust, but, The. Hottest. Thing. is our computer/dvd player hooked into the TV. This is an uber-nerd's wet dream. and didn't they ooh and aah.

Actual start of movie 8:13

Actual Movie: Booty Call

Sigh

X

Comments:
Oh Sweet Lord...I'm so sorry I wasn't here for you. And here I felt so evil for subjecting hubby to my Rocky Roadtrip Obsession.

On the by, interesting thing happened. I tend to work out on my stationary bike at night after Moo goes to bed. Hubby actually rode this time first. Regretably, I SHOULD have reminded him at the muscle envy that Rocky inspires. Poor man rode and rode and rode that thing while Rocky upped the stakes by learning rhythm and doing a lot of speed punching.

Then, I got on and didn't heed my own knowledge. I rode while Rocky wiped the floor with Mr. T. Good news, I barely noticed the bike. Bad news, I rode almost fifteen minutes longer than I'm allowed and nearly 11 miles, lol.

Maybe we should both be barred from the tv?

Smooches!
Dee
 
LMAO X too funny.

Did ya eye's glaze over with all their talk about gadetry.

You know once they set their mind to something they obsess and obsess until they can get it!

Nicki
 
Damn. FLASHBACK TIME.

How old are GM and DH? I'm guessing 22.
 
You'd think wouldn't you Kate. My husband usually has a great deal of common sense. I'm putting this whole (regression) episode down to the fact they haven't seen each other for a while.

X
 
LOL... okay... I would have drooled over your set up too X! Me wants. I must be 12 too. lol. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?