.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 15, 2005

 

Temptation Waits

I've found it doesn't wait so much as taunt you--especially when the muse has fled. That the actual time spent at the computer does not equate with productivity. I am of course talking about that evil whore, Procrastination Temptation. So here are some things she distracts me with.

Fun stuff:

Blogs--latest obsession and really quite wonderful time wasters.
Yahoo Games--Most evil place on the planet. Specifically jewel quest, text twist, book worm, word mojo
Civilization--Computer game. There's something very satisfying about creating an entire nation and blowing up the opposition.
eharlequin.com--excellent timewaster, I mean research.
online crossword puzzles

Not so fun stuff but equally time wasting.

Cleaning out the inbox of my email
Likewise... sorting all the stray documents laying on my desktop into nice neat files.
making lists of all the things you have to do (not do them mind, but make a note)

Last resort (but still procrastinating)

Getting up from desk and actually doing the housework instead.

This last one is when you finally admit you've hit rock bottom.

X

Comments:
I hear ya I hear ya. My time wasters are definitely MSN, Text Twist and Eharlequin but even now reading. I'll just finish this page then get up. Oh damn that' page has finished the next one and so on.

Or I'll say at 1pm I'll open up the computer.

BUt you know all this anyway. LOL
 
Bloghopping is the best (and yet worse) procrastination tool in the world.

Second for me are the old DOS games I used to play as a kid. I spend way too much time scouring for them on the internet (so far found Pac Man, Frogger, and Oregon Trail) and then proceed to play them until my fingers go numb.
 
You mean someone actually put Oregon Trail online??? WHERE??? LOL!

I'd actually enjoy cleaning my house--it's a disaster, seriously. I should take pictures. Like Nicki, I read inbetween projects. A page here, a page there...a chapter here...a...oh crap, just finish the book and shut up. Right now I'm having delusional fantasies of cleaning my closets.

Then there's the REAL time stealer...actually writing or editing my books. But since I almost never do THAT, lol, I also conveniently waste my time looking for ways to use HTML to my own evil gains. I love figuring out HTML. I'm sick, I know. SICK.

Smooches!
Dee
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?