.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

ABC

A couple of posts down I mentioned my spelling skills-something along the lines of, 'they're not bad'-I recant. Spelling also on the craptastic list.

I wish it didn't bother me so much, but when you deal on a daily basis with writing (and writing in many public forums) all the little imperfections I see after I post make me paranoid. And it's not like the grammar Nazis are going to hunt me down and ban me from ever posting in cyber land again. It's more that... well there are people I respect out there, people with massively unintelligible letters after their names and I can't help feeling as though they sit there with a mental red pen correcting my posts.

It's demoralising.

What if, wonder of wonders, an editor receives my manuscript one day and is curious enough to search for me on the web. She'll come here and see my semi literate ramblings and have second thoughts. I mean anyone who can't even figure out how to use the abc button before they publish their blog (I love that we PUBLISH our blogs btw), must be some sort of uberloser.

So anyone out there know how it works? I'd really appreciate a pointer.

X

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?